- Opponents must contact each other via e-mail or IM and alert the league
when their game is scheduled to be played
- In case of scheduling conflict please alert the league, so we can get a
- All game files must be e-mailed to the league
(firstname.lastname@example.org) upon completion of
- There is to be a
30 second play clock set for every game. If the
clock has not been set it must be turned on immediately after one player
notices that it has not been turned on. There is no penalty assessed.
- Sportsmanship is required. Congratulate your opponent on a good game
and wish them luck before the game. Do not whine about how the game
engine has robbed you of victory. The game engine, no matter how flawed
it is, does not discriminate against either team. As the song say, "you
take the good, you take the bad and there you have...the facts of life".
Deal with it and move on !
- All games are played with NO HOME FIELD ADVANTAGE.
Make sure the neutral field is chosen prior to starting. If the game has
started and a neutral field has not been chosen the game will have to be
re-started from the beginning.
4th Down Rules
- You can NOT go for it on 4th down if you are
on your side of the field unless:
- There is 10 minutes or less left in the game
- Your team is down by 21 or more points at any time during the game
- You have the ball on your opponents side of the field (50 yard line on
Failure to follow the 4th down rule results in the following:
- Voiding the 4th down play
- Closing the game and RESUMING from the previous play, which wipes out the
4th down play
- If the START / RESUME feature does not work a immediate PUNT to your
opponent must be done.
- If a 4th down violation occurs during the game and goes un-noticed the
games results will not count. It is incumbent on both players to
recognize the rule and respect it. This rule has been instituted to
preserve the integrity of game play, because we acknowledge that the game
engine does not accurately handle 4th down situations. Anyone who does
not agree with this rule, need not participate in this tournament.
Plenty of other leagues will allow you to exploit this hole in the software.
We DO NOT.
Trick Play Rules
- You are allowed to use 4 trick plays per game (maximum).
- QB Kneel, Take Safety and Over the top are NOT considered Trick Plays and
can be used an unlimited amount of times.
Failure to follow the Trick Play Rule results in the same penalties as
violating the 4th down rule.
Hurry Up Offense Rule
Abuse of the Hurry Up PACE will not be tolerated. Hurry up can be used
in the following scenarios:
- If your team is down by 21 or more points at any point in the game you can
use Hurry Up without any penalty even if you bring the score under 21.
- The last 5 minutes of the 1st half
- The last 10 minutes of the 4th quarter
- It is documented that your team employed Hurry Up as a normal part of its
offensive scheme (ie..late 80's-early 90's Oilers/Bills/Falcons). This
must be documented on your team profile prior to game play.
Minimum of 2 Active QB's
- Every team
will start each game with 2 healthy quarterbacks..
- If a team
has only one healthy quarterback, the injured quarterback with the shortest
remaining time left will be un-injured and marked not available.
- This player
can only be used if all other remaining quarterbacks are injured during a
- In that
case, the inactive quarterback can be activated and used in that game.
- This rule prevents teams from
not having any QB's available for use because of injury.
Game Clock, Display & Home Field
- Game clock MUST be on at all times and set to 30 seconds
- Display MUST be set to show player ratings at all times.
- Home field advantage is set to neutral.
Using Players out of position
- Players can NOT be used out of position unless there are no more healthy
players left in that position.
- OL's can be used as 3rd TE's, but must be announced via IM as "Tackle
- Defensive players who are rated as blocking backs or TE's can only be used
in Run2 formation.